Git Advanced commands
Git is the most popular version control system. In my experience in many organizations people are expected to “pick it up” without any formal training. In many cases this means they never learn how to use some of the advanced commands. In this hands-on workshop we’ll go over some of the commands.
The subject we plan to cover are as follows.
- stash, to allow for quick switching of work.
- rebase, to make history smoother.
- bisect, to quickly find the change that broke the code.
- Revert changes
- Interactive commit
The workshop is lead by Gabor Szabo who also maintains the Code Maven web site and teaches training courses in many different subjects.
- You must be already familiar with the basic commands of git such as
status, add, commit, checkout, branch, pull, push, merge
- Bring your computer so you can do the exercies.