Opening the Linux Shell (bash) for beginners
- Date: 2019.0?.?? 18:00-21:00
- Location: ?
This is a hands-on workshop Bring your laptop The Meetup will be in Hebrew.
17:30 Mingling 18:00 Start presentation and hands on work
During this workshop we’ll learn the basics of using the Linux (Unix) shell.
- how to handle files, directories, and how to navigate the filesystem.
- creating and modifying files.
about redirection and pipelines.
- If you already have a laptop with Linux on it (either native or in a VirtualBox or in Docker) you can use that.
- If you have a Mac OSX, you can use that.
- If you only have an MS Windows machine then we’ll going to use the shell that comes with git. https://git-scm.com/ . Download it from here: https://git-scm.com/download/win